autumn

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

#4

Ha, number four.....yeah......I am NOT talking about baby number four. Unfortunately, I am talking about McDonald's #4. Two cheeseburgers, medium fry and a medium coke. I have fallen victim to lack of self control several times with this little number :(

I have neglected the blog for several reasons. I have been CRAZY busy and well, I have just not been trying very hard to make healthy food choices. This is a really hard deal while being pregnant !! I know a lot of it is the fact that I am making the excuse that since I am pregnant I can go ahead and do it. I also know that it is due to the fact that it IS hard to do while pregnant (and when not pregnant).

Honestly, I just feel so alone in this. I started the blog so I could hold myself accountable and so I could encourage other people along the way. However, I still do not feel like I have anyone who is checking in on ME, ya know? I mean, people tell me the blog is encouraging them and that helps me to want to keep going with it. But, in reality I feel alone in this fight. I am not saying that anyone else is at fault for me making poor choices. I just wish I had people who would ask me how I am doing with my eating and challenge and encourage me, ya know?

The fact that we are so busy makes it really easy for me to make excuses. On top of the busyness, my sinuses have decided to act up yet again!!!! Also, our almost 6yr old has been having strange things going on with his heart. So, we will be getting a heart monitor that he needs to wear for a whole week. We are hoping he has one of his episodes while wearing it so we can figure out what is going on! So, yeah.....stress is a big factor too.

I NEED HELP!!!!! Not sure what I think that would look like, but I need something to help me move forward and not get stuck where I am at !!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great, girl! You need to give yourself the credit you deserve. The fact that you are even thinking about all of this during your pregnancy and being a mom is quite an accomplishment. No one eats perfectly ALL the time and you are probably eating better than the majority of people out there. If you are gaining weight at a healthy rate according to your doctor, just focus on that!! Keep working out and taking care of you and that baby will be great and you'll be back in pre-pregnancy jeans before you know it! BIG HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all fall from time to time. I agree with Robyn. If you doctor is happy with your weight gain, take stock in that and move on. My big weakness was Wendy's bacon cheeseburger with sea salt fries. MMMMMMMM!!!! I made it a habit to stop there every time I was on my way home from work. Thankfully that is only 2 days per week but that is at least one day too many. It started as one day per week and moved to 2. When I realized that it was becoming a habit that was hurting me I had to stop it cold turkey. It was hard to drive by. The first time I triumphed I actually drove into the drive-thru line, waited for a minute, saw someone in front of me pull out of line and realized that I need to pull out of line too. It was the first step I needed. I haven't been there for weeks now. That is a success. Rejoice in any little success you are having and keep reminding yourself that you are a work in progress......progress, not perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT! We all have faith in you that you will do well on your journey. Being pregnant wrecks havoc on even the healthiest systems. I had another friend who was completely vegetarian but craved only meat (red meat, at that) during her pregnancy. I was told once that your body craves things because it is lacking something (like a key mineral or nutrient). At my WW meeting today someone gave a recommendation of putting a bowl of fruit next to your door, so as you are running out of the house, you can pick up a piece of fruit and you are less likely to stop and grab fast food somewhere along the way. It's worth a shot. Keep up the good work, keep journaling what you eat, and don't feel guilty....remember each day is a NEW DAY! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete