autumn

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Still pregnant and still not fat ;)

Hey y'all!!!! I am FINALLY feeling better!!! Back to the spunky crazy me that you all know and love ;) He he he ;) The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of busyness coupled with sickness which meant that my blogging and my eating were......not exactly where I would have liked them to be!!!! Not to mention being pregnant with number four is enough to put anyone over the edge anyway ;)

Tuesday night we had women's small group and I felt so sick the whole time. Stuffy head and then the cough started. Half way through our meeting I got really hungry. I decided since I was feeling so icky and that it would be late when we got done that McDs would have to do. Well.....it did ;) I ordered a number 4 (ironic? he he he). This meal consists of two cheeseburgers, medium fry and a drink. I actually ordered a shamrock shake for my husband for the drink so at least I did not have soda ;) Anyway, I ate those cheeseburgers in probably less and two minutes flat !!!! Do you want to know the crazy thing? After I ate the burgers and fries I was STILL very hungry!! I honestly felt like I had not eaten anything!!!! It was insane. Now, I know that people say that it takes 20 minutes for your head to catch up with your stomach. So, maybe it was because I ate them so fast that my head did not realize that my stomach was full. Or maybe since I am a pregnant lady in the second trimester I really was still hungry. I will never know for sure.

What I AM very thankful for is that I jumped on the scale on Friday just to see what it said. I was pleased to find that the scale read 2lbs under what my Dr.s scale said :) Part of it was what I was wearing and I am sure part of it was due to being sick for two weeks. I was still surprised. Especially because I was not focused on eating wise healthy choices these last few weeks. Hey, I will take it though ;)

After not blogging for awhile I really started to beat myself up. I started to believe lies about myself that are just not true. Lies like "You cannot keep up this blogging thing....you are not eating well enough." or "You might as well quit blogging because it is obvious that you are going to start eating like a pig and not be able to stop." I need to continue to remind myself that, just like when I was on program, I will have good days and bad days. Maybe even a good week and then a bad week. It does not matter as long as I pick up and move forward with determination!!!! So, that is what I am planning on doing this week, friends!!!!

On a really fun note, we had a Weight Watchers open house in Milwaukee yesterday. Not sure if you have seen the recent TV commercials for WW or not. There is a wonderful young mom named Esther who is in one of the commercials. Guess who was at OUR open house? Yup!!! Esther was there!!!! She is actually an official blogger for WW. Here is the address for her blog:
http://www.faintstarlite.com/ She has a link to the commercial on there somewhere too.

The afternoon was just so much fun getting to hear from Esther and then learning about wise food choices. Everyone was so friendly and full of smiles :) That is why I LOVE this job!!!! People come in looking for encouragement and that is what we are there to provide!!! Those of us who work for WW are living proof that if you work the program, the program will work for you! Of course any one of us will tell you that it is hard sometimes. That is another great thing though, being able to be transparent and honest with people. When a person sees how vulnerable you are it makes them feel like they are not alone. Anyone with me on this one?

That is all I have for today. No food log (although I am pretty sure I know everything I ate today). I have my kitchen loaded and ready to fire off healthy choices this week. Dinner planned out for each evening and all that good stuff. Let's do this!!!!!!!!

1 comment: