autumn

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

14 weeks :)

Yesterday marked the 14 week point in my pregnancy :) I have to say that overall, I feel GREAT!!! I still have issues with my sinuses and headaches and I am still pretty tired but the queasiness has almost completely disappeared!!!! YAY :) That is a HUGE relief in my book!!!! Second trimester...BRING IT ON!! I am SO looking forward to feeling this little one moving around!!!! There is nothing else quite like it.
I have decided to adjust my daily points target. After talking with a few people I realized that I probably had my target set too low. I added enough for what I figured would be the extra 300 calories I would need each day however, I think just adding that to my 29pts would still be like a losing target. So I am bumping my target up from 39 to 49. I think that will help with the hunger that I have been experiencing the last few days. It will also allow for some of those little cravings I have been having as well ;)
Tuesday turned out to be a pretty good day :) We had a snow storm hit starting yesterday afternoon so hubby got the night off of work :) I made a VERY delicious meal :) Chicken Divan, lightened up. You can find that recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/chicken-divan-lightened-up.html#more It seemed kind of fancy for some reason. Maybe it was the name ;) I also made some asparagus to go with it. I blanched them, then sauteed them in olive oil, salt & pepper, garlic and a little bit of parmesan. Everyone in the family ate it :) Score!!!!
The day was a mixed day with some really good choices as well as some treats thrown in. Trying not to beat myself up for having a doughnut or chocolate, ya know? I am not totally pigging out on those things. So, I have to give myself some credit for not going completely overboard!!!! Being pregnant is both wonderful and difficult at the same time ;)

Tuesdays food list:

Breakfast: 1 cup grapes- 0pts +, glazed doughnut- 6pts +

Snack- yogurt- 4pts +, nectarine- 0pts +

Lunch- Smart One- sweet & sour chicken- 5pts +, salad w/little fat free dressing- 0pts +

Treat- cookie- 4pts +

Snack- Carrots w/1tbs light ranch- 1pts +, off brand Honey Comb 1 1/3 cup- 3pts+

Dinner- Chicken Divan (lightened up) 1/6 of a 13x9 dish- 8pts +, asparagus- sauteed in olive oil, garlic and parmesan- 2pts +

Treat- Hershey's chocolate w/almonds- three sections of a giant bar- 6pts +, Big cup hot chocolate- 5pts + (guessing)

Snack- lots of popcorn (homemade)- 6pts +, orange juice- 2pts +

Only 3 points over my new target- not too bad ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 14th week. I was so happy when the first trimester was over. I am still tired in my second trimester but not nearly as bad as I was in the first. The all day sickness and queasiness also went away shortly after my first trimester.

    I am interested to hear that you sinuses are bothering you. My sinuses and allergies have been a mess since I got pregnant. I usually struggle with seasonal allergies but with all the snow this isn't my normal allergy season. Yet, my allergies still act up a lot. I feel like I'm allergic to being pregnant. It's frustrating but I'm trying to remind myself that I will get a beautiful baby when this is over and then my allergies will go back to normal.

    Enjoy your snow day with the kids.

    ReplyDelete