autumn

Thursday, February 3, 2011

NYC - baby!!

With all the snow we got I was not sure how my weekend plans were gonna turn out. I am supposed to fly out of Chicago to NY on Friday. As of yesterday flights were still canceled. I was getting mixed opinions from friends and family. Some thought that all the cancellations would affect my flight and others said it would have nothing to do with my flight. Looks like the side I was voting for won!!!! So, tomorrow at lunch time I will be on a plane heading to see my best friend from college :) YAY :) We get to see TWO Broadway shows!!!!

How will this affect my point counting and food intake you ask? I have NO idea ;) I am trying to decided if I want to "be really good" or just do the whole "go and enjoy yourself" thing. Now, I understand, that I CAN do both. You CAN "be good" while enjoying yourself. I KNOW that is totally doable. I guess what I am really trying to figure out is if I actually WANT to keep track of everything. Again, I do not intend to go TOTALLY over board but I DO intend to eat some NY pizza and go out to dinner somewhere in the city. What is your advice on this, friends?

I would like to revisit what I said about adding points to my daily intake. After looking at my tracker and thinking a bit more I am gonna try to keep it at 39pts + (plus the 49 extra weekly). If I am actually eating well, I can hit that goal no problem. Last week was just kind of crazy so I went way over and used my weekly too quickly. So, I am gonna stick with it for a while and see if I think it is actually doable for me. This will also be another exercise in giving myself grace if I do happen to go over my points. I will also talk to my Dr. when I go in on the 14th. The only thing is, doctors do not speak in point language ;)

There will be one more post this evening to recap the day. Then, I plan on falling off the face of the earth until Tues!!!!!! The suspense is going to be killing you, isn't it? Just waiting to see if I am actually going to track this weekend or not ;) He he he ;)

Well, without putting it off any longer, here is the run down for Wednesday!!!!

Breakfast- 1/2 banana- 0pts +, cinnamon roll- 8pts +

Snack- nectarine- 0pts +, Eddy's frozen fruit bar- 2pts +

Treat- chocolate- 2 hershey kisses and one bite size baby ruth- 4pts +

Lunch - leftover chicken divan- 8pts +

Snack- yogurt- 4pts +

Dinner- leftover split pea soup- 4pts +, salad with FF dressing- 0pts +, strawberries & nectarines- 0pts +, half grilled cheese sandwich- 2pts +

Treat- 1cup bunny tracks ice cream- 10pts +

Snack- popcorn- 3pts +

Starving before bedtime snack- two servings of honey bunches of oats- 6pts +, 1 cup skim milk- 2pts +

1 comment:

  1. Have a fabulous time in New York. My advice would be to watch what you eat but still enjoy yourself. Focus on getting in as many Power Foods each day as you can. This will keep your PointsPlus Values down because Power Foods are lower in PPV's. Then you will have more PPV's for the fun stuff like your pizza. Power Foods will also keep you physically satisfied so you will not be hungry. We don't make good food choices when we are hungry.

    ReplyDelete