autumn

Sunday, January 16, 2011

11 weeks :)


Reaching the end of the 1st trimester!!! Praise the Lord :) He he he ;) It has been a rough ride so far. I would not change it for the world!!!! I have been learning a lot!!! It is funny to me how each time I am pregnant it feels like I am starting all over again!!! Counting down the days till the ultrasound on Thursday!

Sunday mornings can be a time of utter chaos in the Mosher home as we try to get two adults and three children up, showered (children are usually the night before), dressed, fed and out the door for church. I TOTALLY understand why Sunday can sometimes be a hard day for people as far as eating well is concerned. You may be rushed in the morning and just grab whatever is in front of you. That may be sugary cereal, a bagel, a doughnut (with sprinkles, of course!!!), or if you are lucky a piece of fruit and maybe a cheese stick. I suppose even if you are not rushing out the door you still face this dilemma. It may be more of a "lazy day" dilemma for you. You are in your PJs and you just wanna chill. Who wants to "make" a healthy breakfast on a morning like that? For us, it is most definitely the chaos scenario ;) Then you have to think about lunch. If you do not plan it ahead of time (which I usually don't), then fast food becomes your friend/enemy once again ;) Please, do not even get me started on dinner!! He he he ;)
This morning as the chaos ensued, I was able to throw a few chicken breasts in the crock pot and dump some BBQ sauce on them. There. I knew that at least dinner was taken care of!!!

Off we went to church. Do you know what? Remember my post from yesterday? The choices we face each day? How is your attitude? All of that stuff? That pretty much sums up what the pastor spoke on today!!!! He talked about how if you leave God out of the equation in your every day responsibilities you are going to labor in vain and be frustrated. Can I get a witness up in here? How many times have I tried to do EVERYTHING in a day in my own strength, only to find myself defeated and let down? All that to say, I am so thankful that I serve a God who is eager to walk with me in every part of my life, giving me grace upon grace to accomplish what needs to get done. If I leave Him out of the equation....I will most likely have that poor attitude that we discussed yesterday.

Oh, you wanna know about food? Is that why you are here? He he he ;) I started the day off with a pretty big breakfast. Which had me scared about what the rest of the day might look like. So I took a few minutes to plot out the rest of my day to make sure I would not go over board. This was just kind of a rough draft, nothing set in stone. It did seem to help as the day went on. Late this afternoon, Brendan came home from a friends house. He was going to have cake there but apparently the cake was not ready to be eaten by the time he had to come home for dinner. He was so upset by it. I am not talking spoiled kid throwing a fit. For some reason he was actually hurting in his poor little heart about it. We asked him if he got to have cake. "No." He answered "It was not ready. So.....I did not get any." and he proceeded to burst into real honest to goodness tears!!!!! Poor guy. So, what do awesome parents like us do? We take him to Walmart to pick out his very own cake and ice cream (Oi!!!). Together we picked out a scrumptious chocolate cake decorated with none other than Harry Potter himself!!! Delicious ;) The 5yr old was happy.....and so were my taste buds ;) So, what did I end up putting in my face today, you ask? Well my lovelies, let me enlighten you ;)

Breakfast- Egg sandwich (1 egg, 2 pieces canadian bacon, 1 piece American cheese, 1 Arnold Sandwich Thin and a dab of mustard)- 8pts plus, nectarine- 0pts plus

Snack- Coffee flavored Yoplait yogurt- 4pts plus (I had not had that flavor, it was interesting)

Lunch- Smart Ones- Chicken Marsala- 4pts plus, 10 baby carrots- 0pts plus, 1Tbs light ranch- 1pts plus, 1 clementine- 0pts plus

Mini Snack- 2 dried plums (a.k.a. PRUNES!!! I have never tried them before but another pregnant friend suggested them. They were cherry essence prunes so besides the texture they tasted really good!)- 1pts plus

Dinner- BBQ chicken sandwich (2 slices healthy life bread, 3oz chicken breast, a bit of BBQ sauce)- 6pts plus, Baked Tostidos tortilla chips 3pts plus, a good size portion of salsa- 0pts plus

Dessert- 1/2 cup Blue Bunny- Bunny tracks ice cream- 5pts plus, good sized piece of chocolate Harry Potter cake- somewhere between 9 and 12pts plus....I mean, really, how do you figure that out ;) He he he :)

Beverage- 12oz sparkling juice while watching a movie- 3pts plus

Not sure if I have mentioned this before or not, but feel free to PLEASE leave comments, suggestions, ask questions or send an e-mail !!! I would love nothing more than to get to know my readers!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to finally read your posts after getting a new computer! so proud of you, my dear! so encouraging, too! love ya!

    ReplyDelete