autumn

Friday, January 21, 2011

Gettin active!

After not being allowed to work out for the past two months it felt SO SO SO SO good today to finally get back to Jazzercise!!!! It is so strange to have been someone who never really worked out, then started to become active only to have that privilege taken away. Then to regain that freedom. It was just amazing. Granted, I did feel like a buffoon trying to do some of the stuff since my belly is already gettin big ;) But I did what I could. As I did the hand weights part of the class I kept thinking "Yes!!! This is what I NEED!!! Just because my belly gets huge does not mean the rest of me needs to!!!!".
I know that Jazzercise is not the answer for everyone. Heck, I never even looked into it before because I expected to see a bunch of people like my mom and and aunts out there doing stuff Sweatin to the Oldies style :) BUT to my surprise, Jazzercise uses top 40 music from NOW and it uses a mixture of different types of working out....dance, Pilate's, strength training, a little kick boxing kind of action, etc. So, for me....it works. If that is not your thing, that's cool. Let me encourage you though......FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!! If you are someone who hates work out videos at home (I am one of those people, too), then buying yourself the latest and greatest work out video probably will not do you a whole lot of good!! If you like to walk but cannot stand running, then maybe you should not be trying to force yourself to become a runner.
There is something to be said about trying new things, however. So, if you do not know what you like then you may need to try many different avenues until you find your "IT" thing, ya know? Once you find it, I am sure you will know. It just clicks in your little brain and you say to yourself "Self, I really like this. When I think about doing this I get excited and I feel like it is something I can actually do and stick with." Bingo, that's your "IT" thing!! Run with it !! Or...jog with it....or...swim with it....or ...dance with it.......k, I think you get the idea ;)
Besides moving my booty today, it was a pretty good day all the way around. The only down side I would say, is the headache I have had for two days along with a SUPER cranky, almost three year old. Oh man!!!! I did somehow manage to get her to take a nap for the first time in about two months!! I laid down in bed with her and closed my eyes. I just kept telling her to hush and lay her head down. I did not think it would actually work. I was mainly just hoping that I would get 1/2 hour of "rest" for myself. Then at one point I looked up and .....she was totally passed out !!! YAY :) I stayed there for a little longer but then I had to pee SO bad I had to move. As I started to slide out of the bed I prayed and prayed that she would not wake up. I think she slept for about another hour after that.....THANK GOODNESS!! I got to catch up on some e-mails and stuff. It was very good!
My eating choices seemed to be pretty smart today too :) Part of that was because I knew I was going out to dinner with a friend so I was kind of trying to save up a bit of wiggle room for tonight. I have to be honest.....I ate too much at dinner :( Bugger. We got desert and everything. Oh well ;) Now, sitting here trying to write I am in a total food fog. This may work to my advantage when I try to lay down and sleep, though ;)
Are you ready for the daily run down? Yes? Well, I think that I should not type it up here until you each promise me that you are going to tell at least one person to check out the blog ;) He he he ;) Ok, so obviously I have no way of tracking that and I know you guys have been waiting ALL day to read about what I ate ;) So....here you go ;)

Breakfast- 3/4 cup honey bunches of oats- 3pts plus, 1 cup of skim milk- 2pts plus, nectarine- 0pts plus

Snack- Yoplait blackberry & pomegranate yogurt- 4pts plus

Lunch- Quesadillas with 1 extreme fiber tortilla- 1pts plus, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese- 3pts plus and slices of red pepper- 0pts plus, dipped in salsa- 0pts plus (4pts plus total for the quesadilla) along with a side of Jolly Green Giant Just for One- cauliflower and cheese sauce- 1pts plus

Snack- 1 sheet graham crackers- 2pts plus, TINY bit of peanut butter- 1pts plus

While serving kids dinner- two bites of hot dog- 1pts plus?, four dorritos- 1pts plus?

Dinner- four pieces of bread- 8pts plus
one virgin strawberry daquiri- 6pts plus (totally guessing)
1/2 a plate of tortellini with spinach, red peppers and mushrooms- 10pts plus (estimating)
1/2 chocolate chip cookie sundae- 11pts plus ( they did not have the nutritional info. for this so I looked up the one they have at Applebee's and divided it by four since I am pretty sure I had about 1/4 of what the Applebee's one would be)

Plus 4 activity points :) So, all in all I would say I went over my "goal" points for the day by about 11pts plus. Yay for extra weekly points. And don't worry, I am holding the "points system" loosely for this pregnant lady. Just give me something to shoot for so I do not go totally overboard!!!

Water- I got about 2/3 of my water intake for the day. I WILL get all my water tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment