autumn

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DRINK IT!!!! Water & Starbucks ;)

YAY :) I drank my water today like I said I would :) WOO HOO!!!! I also...had two piece of that cursed Harry Potter cake!!! Ooooppppsss.... he he he ;) One of them was pretty small though ;) He he he ;) It is amazing how that cake can seem to throw off the rest of your good efforts, ya know? I look at my log for the day and instead of seeing the water I drank, the fruits and veggies that I ate and all of the wise choices, I see the cake staring at me!!!!! Well you know what? The cake is now gone and out of the house (husband took the last piece to work tonight!), so whatever!!!!! It is one of those things where, we do not usually buy that so, when you do, you have to eat at least one piece each day until it is gone, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiight ;)
Thinking about breakfast today I pondered peanut butter. Not that I was going to eat it all by itself. I struggled with the idea of using points on 2 TBS of peanut butter on toast. I know it is high in protein and all that but.....5pts plus, really? For 2 TBS? Ugh. I was convinced that it would not fill me up enough but I was also convinced that it HAD to be part of my breakfast ;) So, two pieces of toast, 2TBS of PB and banana slices on top. Do you know what? I was FULL for a very long time. Not to mention I made sure to get one of my 20oz bottles of water in me before 8am. I think that probably helped too. I was all like "YAY!" and stuff ;)
One helpful thing I am thankful for today is leftovers....when it is a "healthy" thing that is left over!!! I had me some more of that potato chowder for lunch and DANG, it was good, filling AND healthy :) Rock on!!! Made me feel all warm inside.....literally ;)
Once again I ventured out to Starbucks to have some girlie time with friends :) It was much needed!!!!! I researched the beverages online before hand (always helpful when going out to eat or for coffee!!!!! PLAN AHEAD!!!!). Two of the drinks I looked at were OK in protein (one had 7grams and the other had 14grams) but had no fiber at all. They were each 7pts plus. Then I found one that was 8pts plus but it had like 17 grams of protein AND 2 grams of fiber. Now, I know that may not seem like a big deal but I figured to get even just a little more fiber in, that I should go for the one that was one point higher! You pregnant girls KNOW how important fiber is to keep things movin ;) I enjoyed it very much. Plus, laughing a lot made it all that much more enjoyable. Another suggestion I have for anyone reading this is to ENJOY the little things in life!!! Go out for coffee with the girls!!! If you are married....GO ON A DATE with your husband!!!! So many times we get so consumed with all of our responsibilities that we forget to stop, breath and make time to enjoy our lives and who we are as individuals. The title of mommy, wife, teacher, bank teller or whatever other title you may have get in the way sometimes. If you are totally stressed with everything and never give yourself a little grace and take a break.......let me tell you, this whole "eating right" thing will become just another annoyance factor. It will be just one more thing that you feel you cannot attain and live up to. The truth is, you CAN do this!!!! So......take time to just chill ;) I know, it sounds so easy, right? Do me a favor....I want some of you to drop me a line and tell me what you have done recently to refresh yourself. I would like to share it on the blog ;) I want people to be encouraged that it can be done ;) When you make time to hit the pause button it will help you refocus and hit the play button on your healthy goals!!!
On to the run down....you ready? Let's go!!!

Breakfast- Two pieces Healthy Life toast- 2pts plus, 2TBS peanut butter- 5pts plus, 1 banana- 0pts plus

Snack- Nectarine- 0pts plus

Lunch- left over potato chowder- 6pts plus, salad with fat free dressing- 0pts plus

Treat- CAKE- smaller piece than the other day so.....-9pts plus? He he he ;)

Snack- 2 orange essence prunes- 1pts plus, apple- 0pts plus

While prepping to make dinner- I had the urge to stuff something in my face....MADE myself choose a banana-0pts plus

Dinner- Chicken w/apples & cider- 9pts plus, peas- 0pts plus

OOopppssss- MORE cake- this piece was even smaller than earlier in the day- 6pts plus? I may be kidding myself here ;)

Girls night out- Starbucks Toffee Mocha- grande w/skim milk- 8pts plus

Not figured in- I also had a handful of goldfish crackers at some point and a bite of a doughnut at Starbucks cause they were bringing around samples- I have no idea on points but I wanted to make sure to admit that I ate them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment