autumn

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A day is what you make it......

At the risk of sounding like a total Pollyanna, I realized once again today that the choices you make will determine how your day will go. I am not talking strictly about food here. I am talking more about attitude in general. I woke up this morning and decided right away to be in a foul mood. Husband had small group this morning at 8am.......which meant I would be with all three kids by myself until around 10:30am. If it were not a Saturday I do not think I would have let it upset me. However, it was a Saturday!!!! How could my husband DARE go away so early in the morning when his poor pregnant wife DESPERATELY needed some extra rest? Oh please, girl !! Give it up!!!!!!!!!!! He he he ;) I really wanted to believe I could justify my feelings of bitterness toward him but, as the morning unfolded I surrendered to the fact that I was being a drama queen ;) Sometimes it is fun to do ;) It does not usually prove to be very fruitful though ;)
The kitchen was a crazy mess. "Do the dishes." a little voice told me. "Shut up!!!" I told the voice ;) *sigh* I did the dishes ;) As I began cleaning the kitchen, I thought about how nice it would be for my hubby to come home to a clean kitchen (I am lucky I got one thing cleaned in the house!!!). That helped me to have a better attitude. I mean seriously, did I REALLY want to ruin our entire Saturday? The answer to that, of course, is no. My hormones however, had a different plan.
Once the husband got home things were ok for a little while.....like for a few minutes. Then he and I started bickering about little insignificant things (what fun!!!). I decided to eat some lunch and lay down for a short nap and see if my pregzilla self would calm down. The nap helped a bit. When I got up husband took the big 5 yr old to the bank to open up a savings account. I was once again left alone with little children.....GASP!!!! Faced with choices every second. Do I eat 500 hershey kisses? Do I spend quality time with the kids? Do I drink my water? Do I eat my fruit? Do I have my God time? How do I choose to respond to life today? Let's just say that as the day progressed I made wiser choices in how I reacted to things. Please do not misunderstand me, there are things that will happen in your day sometimes and no matter how much you try, the day still stinks. I know that bad days happen. Bummer. My point is that for the most part, how we choose to deal with the things that happen in our day are what determine what kind of day it ends up being, make sense? Hope so ;)
Thankfully, today has been a good day as far as food choices go. I even got in my light java chip frappuccino from Starbucks :) YAY :) I drank that while grocery shopping all by myself :) Somehow that proves to be therapeutic. I made sure to meal plan (through next Sat. only) before I left for the store. This is SUPER SUPER SUPER important if you want to stay on track with eating right !!! If you go to the store without a list.....you're sunk!!!!! Heck, sometimes when I have a list I still throw a couple of "treats" in the cart that were not on the list. My advice is to ALWAYS have a list !!!
Without further delay.....the part of my blog you have all been eagerly waiting for.....my run down of what I ate today :) I have also decided to include the Weight Watchers Point Plus Values just for kicks ;) Cannot hurt to know my stuff in that department so that way after I pop this kid out I can jump back into tracking right away ;) ENJOY :)

Breakfast- 3/4 cup honey bunches of oats (off brand)- 3pts plus, 1 cup skim milk- 2pts plus

Snack- apple- 0pts plus (Yay for zero point fruit!!!)

Lunch- Smart One- Broccoli and Fettuccine Alfredo- 6pts plus, 12 cool ranch doritos- 4pts plus and worth every point :), clementine- 0pts plus

Treat- 2 hershey kisses- 2pts plus (when I figured it out it was like 1.3333 or something so I rounded up!!!)

Snack- 1 cup grapes- 0pts plus

Treat- Light java chip frappuccino- 6pts plus

Dinner- Parmesan Turkey Meatloaf- 5pt plus, 1 1/4 cup Broccoli & Carrots in herb sauce (Jolly Green Giant Steamables)- 1pts plus, 2 slices of Healthy Life 100% Wheat bread- 2pts plus

Evening snack- 1- 12oz bottle of sparkling juice- 3pts plus, popcorn (not sure how many points, we are doing it on the stove and I am being lazy and not figuring out the points value ;) He he he!!)

1 comment:

  1. I had one of those days the other day. It's so important that we listen to the "right" voice.:o)

    ReplyDelete