autumn

Thursday, January 13, 2011

SCORE!!!!!!

YAY :) So, day #1 of my "Pregnant, NOT Fat" challenge to myself was pretty much a success :) I wrote down everything I ate. Which, after doing Weight Watchers for so long....I KNOW is a helpful thing to do ;) I just seem to have this compulsive urge to constantly put food in my face right now even if I am not really hungry. It is almost like my brain is messing with me and trying to convince me of what people keep trying to tell me "You're pregnant, it's ok to eat whatever you want." My heart, however, knows better!!!!
Let me be VERY clear here....I was going down a BAD BAD road this past weekend and I knew it HAD TO STOP!!! I will give you a little run down of what that looked like, followed by the kind of day I had today :) Here goes:
Friday: Jimmy John's for lunch, complete with chips and soda
Saturday: I knew my hubby would be at church for a pancake breakfast so I made sure to get doughnuts the night before for the kids and I to have. I then ordered Pizza Hut for lunch
Sunday: Grocery shopping day, so Jay and I picked up Fazoli's on the way home (at least I had a salad with it)
Monday: Had a piece of leftover pizza and a little bit of left over spaghetti for dinner, then on my way to a meeting at 7pm I started to feel queasy and hungry at the same time, so I picked up KFC on my way to the meeting.

Keep in mind that I was also eating leftover pizza in between all of that AND a bunch of cookies I had picked up on a whim from Sam's Club. Like I mentioned before....having fast food is not "wrong" but eating like I did for that many days in a row is just not a good thing!!!!!!

That is where I finally lost my mind and decided I HAD to do something!!!! So yesterday, I started this lovely little blog ;) Today, I started my journey to a healthy pregnancy!!!! Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1 banana, 3/4 cup honey bunches of oats, 1 cup skim milk
Snack: Nectarine
Lunch: Burrito (lots of fiber), 1 slice of cheese, 10 baby carrots w/1TBS light ranch
Snack: Treated myself to a Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwich :) YUM!!!!
Snack (again): Started freaking myself out....grabbed another banana
Dinner: 1 cup mac n cheese (this was the one thing not "planned" in for the day, I was SO hungry when I was making it for the kids I could not wait until 7pm when we were going out to dinner with friends)
Dinner #2 ;) he he he: HuHot- 2 plates- 1 with chick, pad thai noodles and veggies. 1 with just veggies. Also had a salad and two cups of soda.

Dinner at HuHot had been on the calendar for a while and was something I was really looking forward to. So, I enjoyed it and let myself have what I wanted while there :)

Now to tie in the title of this post ;) What I have been thinking a LOT about today as I begin this journey is that I need to set goals. One of the numerous things I have learned from Weight Watchers is to set mini-goals. This is SO important. If you just look at the final goal you can get really overwhelmed. There are LOTS of things to celebrate along the way which actually KEEP you reaching for that final goal. What kept running through my mind is that yes, the baby is due in August......but August really starts today!!!!! So, I set a goal for today. I decided I would write down everything I ate and try to make wise food choices...today. Guess what? Goal !!! Score!!! I did what I said I was gonna do!!!! I am gonna take this thing day by day. I am going to try not to look too far ahead. I am going to trust that God will sustain me each day and give me the strength to make the choices that are right for me and this precious little bean!!!!

Once again, I invite you (pregnant or not), to walk alongside me in this journey :) BRING IT ON!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment