autumn

Sunday, January 23, 2011

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if it were just that easy? Just say no!!!! HA! Sometimes it just does not work. You get swept away in the moment. Unfortunately, that has been the case both Friday and Saturday evening this week!! Let's talk about last night.....
We had a lovely dinner at church last night for everyone who serves on the worship/sound team. We pulled up and to our surprise they had people waiting to park our cars for us!!! Valet parking? Awesome :) I immediately had a huge smile on my face and was ready to go in and connect with some of my favorite people :) Right as we walk in the door they had little baggies of popcorn. The cute kind that say popcorn on the front ;) Made my night even more ;) As the evening continued, we had some time to sing as well as thank different people who serve in different ways. It was very encouraging :) Then came the food......
There were green beans and a salad on my plate- GOOD!!!! There was also a large piece of lasagna. Ok, not SO bad. There was also a small helping for bow tie pasta as well. In my head (and my heart) I knew this was starting to add up. They also had a bread basket on the table, of which I helped myself to two small pieces. I said to my friend next to me, who is also pregnant, that I bet they would bring out cheese cake and make us eat it. We both laughed. Minutes later......out comes the cheesecake and it is placed right in front of me. I decided it would be rude not to eat it, right? UGH!!! Honestly, I am not sure why I do that to myself. I felt yucky for the rest of the night. I was all bubbly in full in my belly. Can I get a witness up in here? Anyone relate?
I think I need to remember that being out having a good time is fine. Eating a bit of cheesecake and pasta is also fine. It is the AMOUNT that I put into my face that is killing me!!!! So, my goal for this new week is to make sure that even if I go on special outings with friends or family that I will eat reasonable sized portions!!!!
Saturday's food list-

Breakfast- 2 pieces toast- 2pts plus, 2TBS peanut butter- 5pts plus, apple- 0pts plus

Lunch- Smart One Pot Roast-YUM- 4pts plus, about 1/4cup of hash browns w/cheese-5pts

TREAT- Light grande Java chip frappaccino- 6pts plus

Dinner- 2 pieces bread- 4pts plus, popcorn- 3pts plus, Lasagna- 8pts plus?, Bow tie pasta- 3pts plus, green beans- 0pts plus, salad, 0pts plus

Cheesecake- 14pts plus (at least!)

No comments:

Post a Comment