autumn

Monday, January 31, 2011

This is HARD!!!!

Not gonna lie...this is H-A-R-D!!!! Just in case all of my previous posts have left you thinking that I have this "eating healthy" thing down, this one will remind you that it is just as hard for me as for anyone else!!!! This whole weekend has been a total (or at least almost total) bust!!!! The best thing about the weekend health wise was that I worked out on Friday. Other than that I went WAY over on my points Friday, Saturday AND Sunday.
Friday I went out with a friend and knew I would use a bunch of points and I was ok with that. Totally planned for it. Saturday just seemed to kind of slip through my fingers. I just made some poor choices in my food content and it spoiled the whole day. My water intake has been minimal. I MUST get on that tomorrow!!!! Then Sunday.....oh Sunday. Let me tell you how that went down......
The morning started off pretty well. I got ready to head over to church early since I was serving on the worship team (such a wonderful privilege!!!). I was running a bit behind so I put my trusty honey bunches of oats in a ziploc bag, grabbed and apple and my water bottle. While I was driving I remembered that I still had a little money left on my starbucks gift card the hubs gave me for Christmas.YAY :) I decided getting my light java chip frappaccino was a great idea, especially since I was a bit tired. I ordered a grande, paid for a grande.....they gave me a venti !!!! So, of course I HAD to drink the whole thing!! Extra points, plus extra wired!!!!!
Lunch time was not so bad. 8pts + including some crumbs of those awesome cool ranch doritos I have been talking about. I counted those as half a serving (6 chips worth). No big problems there. Then it was on to the grocery store. I am now totally stocked up on fruits and veggies for the week!!! I have dinners planned up through Thursday. The trip itself was very enjoyable since it was just Sissy and me :) It was really nice to have some girlie time with my sweetie :) Here is where things start to turn a little sour. She did a great job, so naturally at the grocery store I chose a food reward for her. (why do we reward ourselves and others with food? UGH!!) This was a box of frosted heart shaped cookies (she got one and the rest came home for everyone else). One cookie for me, 4pts. Again not SO bad.....but here comes the dark cloud...........
Jason had mentioned last week that it has been quite a while since we have taken Brendan to Chuck E. Cheese. He brought it up again today and I decided he was right and that we should go. Sitting here now, I KNOW why it had been such a long time since our last trip!!!! Not only does it cost as much as a time share in Florida, but it is also enough points for me for a day, in one meal !!!! I ate 2 pieces of pizza, 4 little cinnamon sticks and a cup of soda. Please do not put any food or liquid in your mouth right now because what I am about to say may make you choke.....the cinnamon sticks alone cost me 20pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not talking 6 inch long sticks. I am talking MAYBE 3 inches a piece. UGH!!!!
Getting the kids out of the house and running around really was a great idea. Come on people, it IS the middle of winter in WI. Also we are supposed to get totally hammered with snow this week (up to 18 inches). So, there maybe no "getting out" much this week. The question comes down to whether or not it was worth all those points and how disappointed it made me feel. They do have a salad bar (not a very good one) but it is $5.49 for one trip. After spending as much as we did on the rest of the food I decided I could not spend that amount for one little plate of salad. Maybe I should have. Then maybe I would have been too full to eat so much pizza and cinnamon sticks.
All, in all, this weekend was a good reminder to me that I am still in need of God's strength to get me through each day. I am also in need of His grace when I have a day (or weekend) like this one!!! Just because I have made some poor choices does NOT mean that I am defeated!!!! This is the same for you my dear ones!!!! Tomorrow is another day FULL of choices to make. Which kinds of choices will YOU make? Me? I am gonna make wise food choices tomorrow!!!!! I am also hoping to make wise choices in general: family life, friends, how I spend my time, taking time to focus on my Creator and being filled with JOY!!!!!!!

Here is the Sucky Sunday Rundown ;) ENJOY ;)

Breakfast- 3/4 cup dry honey bunches of oats- 3pts +, apple-0pts +, venti light java chip frappaccino- 9pts + (guessing on this as they did not have nutrition info. for larger than a grande on their website)

Lunch- Smart One- Parmesan Chicken (YUM!)- 5pts+, Jolly Green Gian- cauliflower and cheese sauce- 1pts +, 1/2 serving of cool ranch doritos (6 chips worth of crumbs)- 2pts +

Treat- Frosted heart shaped cookie- 4pts + (the shape really made it more enjoyable....sprinkles too ;) he he he)

Dinner- Chuck E. Cheese- 2 pieces of pizza-15pts +, 4 cinnamon bread sticks- 20pts +, cup of soda- 6pts +

Snack- eddy's frozen fruit bar- 2pts +

1am Snack while writing this blog- 2 more frosted heart shaped cookies- 8pts +

No comments:

Post a Comment