autumn

Friday, January 14, 2011

Stress on the brain...and the bean....

As I mentioned in my first post, I am currently on restriction from some things that would be very helpful in keeping me fit and healthy during this pregnancy. Let me give you a little bit of history. We have had three miscarriages. We lost our first pregnancy at 10 weeks. We then had our son Brendan :) YAY :) Lost another one after him at 12 weeks but the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks :( Boo :( The we had Lainey :) YAY :) 8 weeks after we had her, we got pregnant again. Viola!!! There is Zach :) YAY :) In Nov. 2009 we lost another little one. The last miscarriage I was only about 6 weeks along. So, fast forward to Nov. 2010....we are pregnant again :) YAY :) Had an ultrasound at 7 weeks 2 days. Saw the heartbeat and the bean looked fine. However, there was evidence that there had been a bleed. It was (and is not) active but I would have to be put on restrictions. So, Dec. 21st 2010, I was told I could not work out, lift anything more than 10lbs (yeah right...I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old) and.....oh, yeah....no "husband-wife time".
The next ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday, Jan. 20th at 9:30am. My tendency is to stress and worry, wondering what we will see that day. It is hard when you are still in the "danger zone". When I stress....I tend to eat ;) I know a couple of things to be true....stress is not good for me or the bean!!!! I am praying that God will give me strength and help me to chill out and trust Him during this week leading up to the ultrasound. I am so glad I am blogging about all of this because I think it really will help me to not go totally crazy and stress eat as much as I normally would ;) I may still freak out here and there and eat too much Butterfinger ice cream (SUPER YUM!!!!), but I KNOW I have another outlet. Thank you for allowing me to share my life with you!!!!
Here is a recap of today. Overall, I would say the day went pretty well food wise. I have noticed, that I usually do really well in the morning and then as the evening approaches I do not choose as wisely or I do not watch my portions as much. I went to lunch at my son's school, which is always the highlight of my Friday :) We had happy meals together :) I opted for the 4 piece chicken nuggets and fries (less points WW wise than the cheeseburger and fries). So, see, I am not being too strict but I am still trying to make choices based on which item is better ;) I also wrote everything down again today!!! WOO HOO!!! So...here is my running tally of food for the day:

Breakfast- 1 cup natural vanilla yogurt, 3/4 cup go lean cereal (husband says it tastes like tree bark ;) He he he ;) But I find if I add it to my yogurt it is super yummy :) It gives the crunch without as many points as some of the granola that is out there).

Snack- Nectarine

Lunch- 4 piece chicken nugget Happy Meal with fries :) YAY :)

Snack- 3 dill pickles (0 calories, 0 fat....pretty much 0 everything except sodium)

Additional Snack ;) WW ice cream bar- I was really wanting something sweet !!!!

Dinner- Lasagna, small bread stick, banana

Kids' snack- I ate a handful of their cheese it crackers!!! Those little handfuls of their stuff can really add up...so be aware of that!!!

Evening Enjoyment- Popcorn!!!! Husband and the big boy are at school for a movie night, babies are now in bed, so....as soon as I am done with this post....it is chick flick and popcorn time!!!!!!

*edited to add- 8oz can of orange soda and a small bowl of ice cream when husband came home ;) Oh well ;) He he he ;)

The past two days I have also made sure to drink my water!!!!!!!! Ladies (or anyone else who is reading!!), this is HUGE!!! You NEED to drink your water!!! It does so many good things for you!!! Not to mention, it can help fill you up in between the times you eat meals and snacks!!!

What is that? Oh yes, it is that chick flick I mentioned....it is calling my name!!! So, until tomorrow!!! Toodles!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Bridgette :) I will have to keep up with it for encouragement over the next few months!

    Stephanie R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your attitude! I can hear your voice. Just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete