autumn

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Batmobile and ICE CREAM!!!

How can a day go from calm and relaxing to crazy insane in the span of an hour? Oh, that's right....I have three children, a husband and my hormonal self that are all part of the equation ;) Why the title for today? Well.....let me tell you .....
The batmobile. Brendan was supposed to make a cardboard car for Awana for tonight. We have known about this for a few weeks. What does that mean in our house? Jason started working on it last night. Yup, looks like the same pattern of procrastination that I had in high school and college. At least this time we really DO have lots going on so it is somewhat understandable. We still could have planned ahead more but at least it got done...today. Jay had to spray paint it this morning......in the basement. Which meant that the whole house wreaked of paint which I know is not good for anyone, especially the pregnant lady!!! When I came home from our play date this morning I was blown away by the smell !!! During the afternoon it was MY job to figure out how to make the bat emblem. GREAT! Oh, that is sarcasm, by the way!!! I had to use my brain, which we all know is complete mush right now, to figure out how to get the yellow part on there and keep the black bat in the middle. Finally had a plan. Carried out said plan. Failed at the plan. We had yellow spray paint and it ran like crazy all down the hood of the car :( Bad mommy award!!! Good thing I have a bunch of acrylic paints to help me salvage the bat mobile! Brendan was totally geeked when he saw his car :) That made me feel a bit better. I still felt bad that we pretty much coped out on the whole thing. I mean, we painted a car black and then put the emblem on it. Granted, the cardboard car design that Jay put together was pretty stinkin cool. So, that made up for it. That was the afternoon. Now let's fast forward to dinner time......
Omelet Potato Skins were on the menu for this evening...YUM! I was trying a new recipe and was really excited about it. However, due to the pain fumes I was not feeling so well so I asked Jay to get up early, go get Brendan from school and let me lay down for a bit. This pushed my prep for dinner back until about 4:30pm. NOT a good idea when you are starting a new recipe!!!! I came downstairs to a kitchen over run with dirty dishes and sighed. Jay started the prep and I began the dishes. The potatoes took forever to cook!!!! We had the veggies cut up for the eggs, mixed that all together, started to cook the eggs but the potatoes were still not ready. At this point it was 5:30pm and Brendan and I needed to leave by 5:45pm to get to Awana. Even if the potatoes were done right then, we would have had to wait another 10 minutes for them to bake after putting the eggs inside them and the cheese on top. I was SO frustrated. I yelled "Alright, dinner time. We are having eggs!!!!" I put the egg mixture on everyone's plates and gave the kids some grapes too. I threw the potatoes in the oven to finish cooking. Now I need to figure out what to make out of them for tomorrow ;)
Dropped Brendan off and then ran to Walmart to grab a prescription. While I was there I decided that since I am pregnant and cannot by an adult beverage to partake in, that I would HAVE to buy some ice cream. You guys.....I stood there staring at Ben and Jerry's. GASP!!! I looked and looked. I had brought along my points calculator just for the fun of it ;) I whipped it out and got to calculating ;) 1/2 cup B&J ice cream....7pts. There are 4 servings in one container. Now, I know for me I would have to at least have half of the container. So, that is at least 14pts plus. Now, PLEASE once again, do not get me wrong. I am all about the whole treating yourself and splurging once in a while (I actually had 2 WW chocolate ice cream sandwiches today!!! SO good!). However, I know that tomorrow I am gonna splurge on having a little pizza party with friends tomorrow for lunch :) Since I know that is part of my plan for the week that really helped me to stay on track in the ice cream aisle tonight ;) I walked down to the WW ice cream section. I actually opted not to get more of the ice cream sandwiches tonight for fear that I might eat the whole box in one sitting ;) It was just that kind of night ;) I looked over and saw Eddy's Fruit bars. They are 2pts plus per bar. Not bad at all :) I grabbed two boxes. One of them is pomegranate and the other is acqai & blueberry. I had one on the way home and they are SO SO SO SO stinkin good!!!! VERY refreshing :)
A moment of encouragement- Ladies (and possibly gentlemen if you are reading), there are going to be days when life happens (he he he, yeah I know, that is everyday!). You know what I mean though, when the day is just NOT what YOU had planned. It is important to have options for yourself. Maybe that is allowing yourself to eat a little ice cream. Or maybe that is a day you go out and run EXTRA hard to get rid of some stress. What I want to you do is stop and take a breath and evaluate what it is you REALLY need in that moment. Like tonight....thankfully I was able to realize that it just was not worth it to get Ben and Jerry's. So, I chose another option. There will be days though when you say "I DO need that soda or ice cream or chips." If you make that choice. Make it and then move on. Do not do the normal girl thing where we eat it and then beat yourself up for the rest of the night. That is why I am telling you to really take the time to think and decide on which choice is right for the moment instead of just reaching and opening before you have really thought it through! You will feel SO much better about yourself. It is amazing how you can choose one of those high point foods and not feel guilty about it when you have thought through your choice. SO freeing. So.....MAKE YOUR CHOICE. If you do not think it through and find that you have eaten an entire carton of Oreos.....again, do not beat yourself up. Remind yourself that there is grace to be had. You CAN make wiser choices tomorrow!!!!! That is the wonderful part of this journey, you can start fresh every day!! That is not to say that every day you freak out, eat everything you can possibly think of then then try again tomorrow. I am strictly speaking of those occasional "Oooopppsss" moments. To conclude....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! You CAN do it!!!! YOU can be HEALTHY!!!!!!!! Let's do this together!!!!
What about my choices today? As far as dairy goes, I got a little more in today. Unfortunately, I took a step back with my water. So....tomorrow.....WATER and dairy ;) He he he ;) The run down is as follows:

Breakfast- 1piece of toast with 1TBS of peanut butter, banana sliced on top- 4pts plus

Snack- Coffee flavored yogurt- 4pts plus

Lunch- AWESOME toasted chicken sandwich thanks to my friend Amber! Bread, sliced chicken, mustard and provolone- 9pts plus, strawberries- 0pts plus, baby carrots- 0pts plus

TREAT- 2 WW chocolate ice cream sandwiches- 8pts plus (it is probably more than 8 if you add all the info. together and figure out the points)

Snack- Cool Ranch Doritos- need I say more? YUM- 4pts plus

Dinner- Eggs with onion, red pepper and a bit of cheese- 5pts plus

Treat- Eddy's frozen fruit bar- 2pts plus, hot chocolate with my man- 2pts plus :)

I still have at least one more point for tonight....so I may update this in the morning if I choose to have something else before bed :)

2 comments:

  1. This reallys helps encourgage me in my Oops days. I do beat myself up when I have one of those. So I'll just have to think of this post when I start that up. Bridgette--you truly are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post...I have had 2 crappy days, and just finished blogging about them. I needed the encouragement you provided! Have i told you lately how awesome I think you are?? If not, well, I think you are pretty freaking awesome lady!! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete