autumn

Monday, January 24, 2011

Ending the day with Chocolate :)

It must be Monday!!! I am currently sitting here writing my blog entry while treating myself to some Hershey's chocolate with almonds :) YUM!!!!!
After the emotional day I had yesterday, along with my lack of eating things with lots of nutrients, I knew today had to be different. When my alarm went off my whole body screamed "NO!!!!". I even hit the snooze button. Yet, as I lay there I started to think about the fact that I was just laying there awake, wasting time. Not to mention I had to pee ;) So, I decided to get up before the alarm went off again.
I came downstairs, lit some candles, put on some music on pandora and sat and had some quiet time with God before the rest of my world was awake. Then I got the oldest child's lunch ready, started chili in the slow cooker and made corn bread muffins. Today HAD to be a slow cooker day because right after school Brendan had piano so dinner had to be done when we got back. When the husband came home he took the big kid to school so I could finish up the dinner prep. Then when he got back I got to take a shower!! YAY :)
Some friends came over for a play date later in the morning, which is always helpful to pass the time. If you have not started having play dates.....DO IT!!!!!!!! He he he ;) It is SO important to be connecting with other moms when you are a mother of little ones. It is SO easy to feel isolated and alone. So, make the effort to hang out with someone!!!! Pick up the phone (or send an e-mail) and get together in person!!! I am sure most of you know that when you feel lonely it is very very easy to eat your way through your loneliness!!! Combat that with taking steps to be with other people!!!! Then not only are you not "alone" but you are also in a place where people can help you in your self control. Maybe a friend could gently make a suggestion, like "Judy, would you mind if we had apples for a snack instead of doughnuts?" I bet you would defer and do the apples ;) He he he ;)
Eating was much better today. Although I realized I am struggling again with getting in my dairy. I KNOW that is a very important part of taking care of myself and the bean. So, that is my goal for tomorrow, to get in more dairy!!! I need some more protein too. Tomorrow I will start the day off with an egg sandwich I think :) I DID, however, get all of my water in today :) YAY :) So, yes, I was in the bathroom a lot ;)
A few posts back I posed a question and you know what? NO ONE responded. It was the post where I asked what you do to chill. So, either people just do not want to talk to me OR you guys seriously need to take time for yourselves and learn how to chill !!!! Maybe it is a bit of both ;) As I mentioned, when you take time and do things that refuel you, the stress factor will diminish which will help with eating too many cookies or doughnuts or whatever your vice may be ;)
How about a recap of my food intake for Monday? Let's do it!!!!

Breakfast- 2 pieces of toast with 1Tbs peanut butter on each slice (LOVIN my PB this morning!!!)- 7pts plus, apple- 0pts plus

Snack- clementine- 0pts plus, 1 raspberry Hershey's hug- 1pts plus, and I had also finished one of my big bottles of water at this point

Lunch- Leftover Ziti- 9pts plus,

Snack #2- Goldfish crackers- 3pts plus, WW ice cream cone- 4pts plus (I think, but I threw out the box so I could not double check)

Snack #3- 1 cup grapes- 0pts plus, 1 corn bread muffin- 0pts plus, finished second bottle of water

Dinner- Took a bite of Z's cheese sandwich- 1pts plus, chili- 3pts plus, 1 corn bread muffin- 3pts plus, salad- 0pts plus, finished third bottle of water

Snack #4- Popcorn- 5pts plus (guessing)

TREAT- small handful of almond M&Ms and then some Hershey's chocolate with almonds- because I did good all day I decided not to figure out the points for my chocolate!!!! I know, I am such a rebel ;) He he he ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe for "White Lightening Chili" that is great. It's chicken instead of beef and I, along with several other people I have made it for love it. So if you'd like the recipe, let me know.

    ReplyDelete